SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER
Woods Cross High School Resource Officer
- Purpose of the School Officer Program
- To form a partnership between the Woods Cross High School and the Woods Cross Police Department to increase safety and promote a positive environment where education can occur.
The current resource officer is Sean Jones. Officer Jones can be reached at his office during normal school days by phone and/or E-MAIL at: [email protected] (801) 402-4550
- On non-school days call the police department at (801) 292-4422.
- Responsibilities of the School Officer
- Provide a positive image of law enforcement and law enforcement officers for students.
- Provide educational programs dealing with law enforcement, health and safety, drug and alcohol education.
- Assist counselors with troubled students.
- Create an atmosphere of safety and security on the school campus.
- Facilitate a more coordinated effort in dealing with problems involving school, parents, police and other community agencies.